2019 Japan Yoga Retreat
Join Annie, Hannah, and Jaspah for the unique experience of a yoga retreat in the Japanese Alps
Enjoy daily yoga and meditation classes, special yoga workshops, delicious local food, and fun activities with members of the Gertrude Street Yoga community in a winter wonderland.
- Ski or board some of the best powder in the word
- Walk or hike through the picturesque Japanese Alps
- Explore the local area and get to know Japanese culture and wildlife
- Indulge in Japanese massage or local healing techniques
- Enjoy sitting by the fire reading
- Unwind by soaking in natural onsens and taking in the mountain views
- Enjoy daily yoga and meditation classes
- Dive deeper into your practice with yoga workshops
- Get to know other members of the Gertrude Street Yoga community and have fun!
This retreat is open to all levels of experience, whether you’re new to yoga, or have been practicing for years. Similarly, whether you’re an avid skier/boarder, have never tried before and want to learn, or are interested in other things, Hakuba offers a versatile range of activities to suit any interest.
If you have any questions please get in touch!
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- 2x yoga workshops
- 6 nights accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- 3x group dinners
- Welcoming and closing ceremonies
- Pickup and drop off from the Hakuba train station or bus terminal
The retreat will be held in the alpine village of Hakuba at Panketo Lodge, a charming chalet style building surrounded by trees and the beauty of the mountains - a picturesque location that's only 150 meters from the ski hill!
Located close to the Happo One Ski Resort with ski in, ski out access to the mountain, the lodge has a warm and relaxed feeling which is contributed to by the spacious 4-level layout, stunning floor to ceiling cedar and oak finishing, and a wood burning stove to keep you nice and toasty.
Each room has a private bathroom and the lodge is equipped with a commercial kitchen and lots of other amenities. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, onsens etc within walking distance, and lots of transportation options available to take you on other adventures should you feel like a bit of variety!
Our retreat is led by a collective of experienced, passionate, and supportive teachers. Learn more about them by clicking on their photo!
Pricing and Payment
$3,350Members Discount 10% (Price: $3,015)
Twin Share Room
$2,750Members Discount 10% (Price: $2,475)
Triple Share Room
$2,350Members Discount 10% (Price: 2,115)
- $100 deposit due at time of booking
- 1st instalment of $1,000 due by October 30 2018
- Remaining balance due by December 31 2018
- 90+ days before the retreat: 100% refund (excludes $100 deposit)
60-90 days before the retreat: 80% refund (excludes $100 deposit)
30-60 days before the retreat: 60% refund (excludes $100 deposit)
Within 30 days of the retreat: No refund
If for extenuating circumstances you are unable to attend the retreat, the best course of action will be assessed on a case by case basis.