Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Namaste Yoga Pty Ltd, trading as Gertrude Street Yoga Studio & Healing Centre. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only. We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
All prices are listed and processed in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current and reserve the right to change prices at any time without notice. Any misprint in pricing will not be honoured.
- Available to purchase once per person only.
- 7 days validity begins on your first use.
- available to new students who have never attended a scheduled class on the regular timetable.
- Not eligible for refunds, suspensions, extensions or transfers.
- Available to purchase once only for new students who have never attended a class on our regular timetable (if you’ve attended a workshop, but not a class, you are still eligible!).
- 25 days validity begins on your first use.
- Not eligible for refunds, suspensions, extensions or transfers.
- Valid for use within 12 months of date of purchase
- The Unlimited Membership allows unlimited access to classes on the regular timetable and the GSY Online - our On-Demand Yoga Library of over 250 practices.
- The Fitzroy Studio Membership allows unlimited access to classes on the regular timetable.
- The above memberships also give you access to complimentary mat storage, 20% off in house workshops and trainings, and access to special offers as well as discounts on select retail products and Wellness Centre Offerings
- The GSY Online Membership allows unlimited access to GSY Online - our On-Demand Yoga Library with hundreds of practices.
- All Memberships other than GSY Online require a minimum commitment of 6 fortnightly payments (12 weeks) and exclude workshops, trainings & other special events.
- After the initial 6 payments, the membership will automatically continue unless suspended or cancelled.
- Suspension requests require a minimum of 2 weeks notice and can be suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks at a time, and a maximum of 12 weeks within 12 a month period.
- Cancellation requests require a minimum of 2 weeks notice following the minimum term and must be in writing from the email address associated with your account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover fortnightly direct debit payments and failed payments may incur additional processing fees (see membership agreement).
- Any outstanding amounts owed for membership payments or no-show fees must be paid before cancellation.
- Cancellation within the initial 12 week period will incur a $200 fee or payment in full for the remaining balance of the initial 6 payments, whichever is less.
- Cancellations must be requested in writing via our contact form at least 2 weeks before your requested dates and may include 1 final payment after your request depending on payment schedule dates.
- After submitting your cancellation request you will be able to practice until the final day of your current billing cycle which will be told to you via email.
- If your membership is suspended you are not eligible for membership discounts or benefits and must pay casually to attend classes.
- Membership payments are not refundable or transferable.
- All cancellations and suspension requests must be made in writing through the form on our website using the email address associated with your account.
Karma Yoga Membership (Work Trade)
This is a work trade that gives you unlimited access to in person classes and the Online Yoga Library in exchange for a weekly shift to help care for the studio space. To find out more or apply, please contact us.
Hardship Membership - Sliding Scale
This is a sliding scale version of our membership given to members of the community experiencing financial, emotional, psychological hardship. The particulars of the membership including cost and access are assessed on a case by case basis. If you would like to discuss this option please contact us.
Class Passes: 1 Month Unlimited, 10 Class Pass, Foundations Class Pass
- 1 Month Unlimited pass1 month validity.
- 10 Class Pass and Foundations Class Pass 4 month validity.
- All passes must be activated within 12 months of purchase and validity period begins from first day of use.
- Passes are not eligible for transfer hold/suspension or extension except in the event of genuine extenuating circumstances. If you feel you have a valid reason to suspend or extend your pass please get in touch via the contact page on our website.
Concession and Discounted Prices
- We offer concession pricing for some pricing options as well as Yoga Teacher discounted pricing.
- These pricing options are only available to purchase in the studio.
- When purchasing a concession price you will be required to show a concession card at purchase.
Workshops, Courses, & Events
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the listed start time.
- For security purposes, the door will be locked 5 minutes after the listed start time.
- If you do not show up by the time the event starts, you may be unable to attend the event and will forfeit your booking.
- For events with in-house teachers, if you cancel your booking more than 48 hours prior to the workshop you will receive an account credit to use another time .
- For events visiting teachers, all cancellations are non refundable.
- If you wish to transfer your booking to another person, please contact us in writing at least two business days prior to the event.
- All cancellations within 48 hours are non refundable.
Trainings & Retreats
- All trainings and retreats have their own terms, conditions, and cancellation policies.
- All gift cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Gift Cards are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Gift cards are non-refundable
- GSY is not accountable for loss, stolen, or misused gift cards.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking for classes, workshops, and courses.
- All Trainings and Retreats require a non refundable deposit at the time of booking.
- Payment procedures for appointments vary depending on the modality.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- Linking our website is not permitted without written consent. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
- Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and/or services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from products and/or services we have supplied.
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos and other content such as images used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use these items in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Use of any information or content contained within this website without prior written consent constitutes a breach of copyright.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE & ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please book into class online via this website or through the MINDBODY App.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the listed start time for classes
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the listed start time for workshops, courses, and events.
- Classes are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Teachers are subject to change without notice.
- You are required to sign-in at the front desk before attending each class.
- Late entry to classes, workshops, and events is not permitted and the front door to the studio will be locked 3 minutes after listed start time for safety and security.
- We are not responsible for the safekeeping of your belongings and do not take accountability for lost or stolen items.
- Children under the age of 18 require written consent from a parent or legal guardian to practice.
- Children under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children and pets cannot be left unattended in the reception area for any reason (including while practicing yoga).
- We have the right to refuse entry, or ask you to leave the premises at any time.
- By booking into a class, workshop, training, or other event you agree to these terms and conditions.
- To see our full refunds and cancellations policy please go to our Refunds & Cancellations Page.